Thursday, September 26, 2013

We're Going on a Bear Hunt: BFIAR Pre K

 photo bearhunt_zps442fef91.jpg
We had so much fun reading We're Going on a Bear Hunt!
We read the book every day, did the Homeschool Creations lap book, went on a little nature walk bear hunt, talked about different types of bears and learned about cubs, paws and claws. 
 photo bearhuntcollage_zpse24d16f0.jpg

Chocolate pudding made the perfect yummy "mud" to snack on. 
 photo mud_zps5906a8d0.jpg
Little hands drew big eyes on bear faces.
 photo drawing_zpscf46c3fa.jpg
Most fun of all was painting the different settings from the book
 photo settingspaint_zps76b6506f.jpg

and then using them as the backdrop for one crazy puppet show for Mamaw and Papaw!  photo settings_zpsc3948e0f.jpg
This former teacher momma LOVES curriculum, and it is so fun to read a classic book and then roll with the learning.  Truly, it is a creative outlet for me.  As much as I enjoy it though, I must control my Pinteresting and keep it simple.  It is so, so easy to spin my wheels and overthink things.  What I find most of all is that the most learning happens with a really good book, two little listeners and a blanket to curl up under.  Simple, simple, simple.  Remind me of that when I see you, K? 

2 comments:

Grams said...

Great job Claire "Bear"!! We love you so much! Grams & Gramps

Dasher said...

The word "former" teacher is not a correct statement regarding this Mom. I know I am a bit prejudicial however instead of the word former I would insert "active" "fantastic", etc because I know how hard you try to do a good job with home schooling. Love you
Dad

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
[ Try right-clicking the image and then the text link below ]

Text Link

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source