Monday, September 16, 2013

Blueberries for SAL, BFIAR Pre K

 photo 06b34f8d-6cf3-4230-8aa8-da0f783b4af6_zpsa83a10af.jpg

We've been "rowing" (Before Five in Row) through Pre-K for a few weeks now and are settling into a routine.  Trying hard to balance simple with stretching and creativity. 
 photo Summersend107_zpsfc3feba2.jpg
A shelf has been designated for our book/theme. 
It was fun to see the girls play with the bears and read through the books all week. 
It was a "this might actually be working" gut check for my doubting self. 

O photo Summersend093_zpsb2a83632.jpg
Our next classic book was Blueberries for Sal, which is a favorite, and continued our bear theme.  
 
All of Claire's "work" goes in our wanna-be Montessori baskets. 
After reading the book every day, I show her all of her work baskets.  She then can pick the order that she does them. 
 
We scored with a library find of the book CD for one of her tasks.  

 photo Summersend119_zpsf971f37f.jpg
A fun task we started, but never finished, was painting blueberry hill.  Reality, peeps. 
Ain't no perfection 'round these parts. 

 photo cub_zps243492dd.jpg
A wee bit of word work,
 
 photo addition_zpsff447bcc.jpg

and some math with "blueberries" for Sophia.  Sometimes learning is easy and fuss-free. 
 photo patterns_zpsf11fc438.jpg

a counting book for our bear. 
 photo 8744321b-cb2a-44d0-bbca-eec52d36efa8_zps57e3ac36.jpg
 
 I also left out "berries" in tin buckets and canning jars for acting out the story. 
I had a Sal and a bear cub kirplanking and kurplunking berries all week. 
 
My brain was rolling with all kinds of "I could do x,y,z" ideas,
 but simple proved to be enough. 

1 comment:

Dasher said...

I have so much fun reading your posts and I am very impressed by your teaching plans. Our Granddaughters are blessed to be getting such high quality love and instruction.

love you.
Dad

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
[ Try right-clicking the image and then the text link below ]

Text Link

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source