
The name of my horse (told to me after I had already chosen it)? "Shasha", which is the name that Claire's nannies call her in her orphanage in ChengDu, China. God is in the details my friends.

The African sky stirs you. It is feels low, expansive, perfectly blue and beautiful.


The time was precious. It felt blessed, and was intended to be savored. To have the opportunity reflect on all that we had seen and all that we had learned, while surrounded by intense natural beauty, was the truest of gifts. Despite my aching butt-ski, I could have ridden all day.

"All I know is that every time I go to Africa, I am shaken to my core." ~Stephen Lewis
Check out this post for a chance to help pack a package for teenage girls in Zimbabwe.
5 comments:
Rebecca,
I must admit that I didn't want you to go to Africa. I was afraid something would happen to you and Sophia wouldn't have a mother. But, I am so proud of you and what you did there.
Love,
Mom
What beautiful countryside.... amazing!
Breath taking... just from the pictures.
Your pictures from Zim are absolutely beautiful & the stories are touching. Thank you for bringing the country and its people into my life.
What a super experience you have had. Wow.
Post a Comment