Saturday, May 01, 2010

Hangin' with the Lions

If hangin' with lions had been on my "bucket list", I could officially check that one off!  At the end of our time in Zimbabwe, our mission team headed to Antelope Park for some debriefing time.  Our first excursion was a walk with lions.  Talk about once in a lifetime!  I was in awe of the lion and in awe of the experience! 
Check out my high speed lion protection apparatus, otherwise known as a scrawny walking stick. 

Jumping up into this safari vehicle was one of those "Don't wake me if I am dreaming" kind of experiences!
After the lion walk, a few of my awesome trip buddies and I got to play with lion cubs. 
The moral of this post is, make a bucket list and dream big!

"It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life."  ~Elizabeth Kenny


Check out this post for a chance to help pack a package for teenage girls in Zimbabwe.

5 comments:

Janie said...

African Safari - never thought one of us girls would go on one of those :-) Cool beans little sister!

Angela and Jay said...

Very cool experience!

Windsor House said...

Neat, what a chance of a lifetime!

Windsor House said...

Neat, what a chance of a lifetime!

Karmen said...

Those are absolutely breathtaking photos Rebecca! What an amazing journey!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
[ Try right-clicking the image and then the text link below ]

Text Link

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source