Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Felt Hungry Caterpillar


We love us some Eric Carle at our house. His books are simple and joyful with lovely illustrations. The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a favorite. This is the first book that our little lady memorized, so it is a super special one. She likes to "read" it aloud all the time by reciting some of the words from each page. This was another idea inspired by this blog. We didn't have pom poms, but we did have a giant stack of felt. I think we'll be felting some companions for this little guy. Afterall, we don't want him to be hungry AND lonely.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Very cute.. love it.. I don't think we have that book..

Janie said...

OK, so I'm trying hard to keep up by updating my blog header.... now I have to be crafty too! Girl, I can't keep up with you!

Amy @ Literacy Launchpad said...

One of my favorite Literacy Launchpad lessons uses this book. I love it! And my students do too!

Thanks for visiting my blogs! What a small world that you follow the Weimer's blog! Too funny! I'm assuming you have watched the documentary promo on their blog (top left corner)? My hubby is producing it. We're all VERY excited about it!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this! You do the best blogs!
Love You
PaPaw

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

So cute!! Now you'll have to make some food with holes for him to munch through!! Great job : ) MaryLea (aka Pink and Green Mama)

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

That is soooo cute! The Very Hungry Caterpillar is one of Emily's favorite books. Love this idea... looks fairly easy to make too!

rachel said...

awesome! where do you buy your felt? we were about to attempt some felt crafting over here as well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
[ Try right-clicking the image and then the text link below ]

Text Link

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source