Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Is it Possible?

Could winter be beautiful? 
Without the green, the lushness.
Just starkness and stillness.
Is it possible that this season be beautiful too?
Photobucket
When the cold air comes,
I don't want to stay inside, always shielded from it.
I want to walk into it.
Photobucket
See it with new eyes.  Theirs and mine.
Photobucket
To pause and drink it in.
To live today, not wishing for tomorrow.
Photobucket
Touch and feel it.
Photobucket
Find its treasures.
Photobucket
Walk the path.  Discover it again.

5 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Gorgeous pictures. Our ground is currently covered in white snow. I need to do a better job of going outside with the girls again. It's easy to get cozy inside when the temps dip.

Janie said...

I need to remember this - I get the blues every winter, and feel it coming on already!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Happy Winter outing! XO

Dasher said...

What nice pictures, did someone get a new camera or what:) Good post!

Straight Towing said...

Love seeing your precious babies brighten up the winter days!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
[ Try right-clicking the image and then the text link below ]

Text Link

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source