You've earned the most generous family and friends award! You rocked the Zim medicine drive in a big way! After posting about it, we got mail every day that looked like this...
We got checks and packages from old sorority friends, college roommies, cousins that we rarely get to see, local pals, 2010 Zim teammates, parents and our church's women's ministry.
The pip-squeaks got totally into all of the fun mail "for the kids".
We donated four rounds of huge piles like this one...
You my friends, are all-star givers. We are so grateful for the love you've shown!
As I type this, this year's Zimbabwe team has begun to distribute your donations to a small handful of children's homes. There are not orphanages in this country, only small children's homes run by charities like Hands of Hope. Often, kind hearted pastors and people take in two or more children as well. Your meds/vitamins will be relieve the burden of care for these nannies, foster and adoptive parents.
2 comments:
Great! I am sure it will help a lot of people who can't help themselves.
I'm glad we could help!
Post a Comment