What is a girl to do when you are home bound for a whole week? There are only so many times you can check on Frosty and our bird feeders. Well, yesterday was day three, so it was time to get a bit creative. For the most part, we like to give the girls wide open time to play and use their imaginations. They have the most fun when they are playing "Mary and Joseph" (Yes, STILL!) or "Rapunzel". Sometimes though, when you only get out of the house to play for an hour a day, you must pull some tricks out of your parent bag.
Last night, I didn't have it in me to re-bundle the kids for the second time of the day, so we brought the snow inside! These two little snow lovers squealed with delight over this tub of frosty stuff.
We are also lucky enough to have this little gem of a picture book checked out from the library. We have read it 657 times.
Seeing little Peter wake up to snow gets me every time.
And his snow angels? Some serious cuteness.
We also got our Montessori on and did a little water transfer while momma cleaned out all the kitchen cabinets.
Finally, we glued up these little cuties. In case you were wondering, an equal amount of marshmallows were consumed and glued.
Now, what will we do on day four?
8 comments:
nice work, mama! looks like such fun!
What a wonderful day!!! And I think making playdough should be on tap tomorrow. :)
Very creative!
Looks like you are having a blast with this snow:)
Fun day! I'd say a giant tent inside would entertain today - maybe you could play summertime if cabin fever is kicking in...
What a wonderful Mommy you are! Entertaining & educating your kiddos all at the same time! My girls would LOVE this too, we will have to try the bucket of snow at our house. Almost too cold here to play in the snow outside, and this looks so FUN! :)
You are such a great Mom! You absolutely amaze and inspire me! Your girls are going to grow up with such amazing memories of growing up. Your blog is well titled ... but I think it's you who makes your life so sweet!
OK, rice bucket.....this is BY FAR the activity most requested in the winter in our house. But, I do have one rule (for this mama who doesn't like to vacuum), we only do it on the days I vacuum (also this prevents the newness from wearing off).
I filled a bucket (one I bought at Target that is typically used to put soda in with ice at a summer party- you know the ones?) with white rice, put in all SORTS of scoops and measures. Then, the kids found the plastic sea creatures and they used those too, and I can go a whole hour or more without hearing form them. I spread out an old sheet on the floor to catch the majority of the rice, and then the one rule is that the rice has to stay in the containers and the players have to stay on the sheet.
The mess is quite minimal, and when they are done, I vacuum to catch any stray rice.
My kids ask for this daily!!! It's a winter MUST for this house!!!
Post a Comment