1. How do you make collages? I use two websites, both free: Picnik and Big Huge Labs (Thanks to Tish!). I am a collage-aholic now.
2. How do you get the "You might be interested (old posts)" feature under each blog post? Go to LinkWithin and it walks you right through the process in seconds.
3. Here is some extra safety link love for everyone, thanks to Tymm. We asked him for a tip on how to prevent people from saving our blog photos onto their computers. Another words, we wanted to block the right click option. It isn't a total blog safety net, but it is a big one. Go here and copy the html code. Add the code as a page element.

8 comments:
Just did the right click thing - thank you! I love your collages - you can bet I'll be trying one of those soon. Now if I could just get the frame around the top pic on my blog to go around the picture correctly I'll be set for a while :-)
Just an FYI, I use an Apple. And the right click thing does not apply to Apples. I was able to right clock on any of your pictures, including the chain link, and it allowed me to take any one of them to my desktop with ease. I was even able to "save as".
I think it's great to safeguard. I only wish application makers would consider safeguarding against Apple users too.
I'm going to try the other links to see if they will work with Apple computers.
Just wanted you to know that the html you used DOES prevent someone from right-clicking & saving pictures, it DOES NOT prevent them from doing a save as. I copied the html and will use it on my blog, but wanted you to know that it doesn't totally prevent it. Thanks for sharing, though!
oh rebecca, THANK YOU!!!! i really want to block people from using our photos. not like anyone wants to, but hey, you never know if there's someone creepy reading your blog when it's a public blog.
rebecca,
i was just reading your other comments and the person who left the second comment is right. i have an apple, too, and i could save any of your pics. i clicked on your collage and it right away allowed me to save it as "summer". i didn't of course. bummer! i'll have to google whether there are safeguard against apple users.
Yep, I'm an Apple user too, and I have the insane ability to steal photos from anywhere (but, of course, I don't ever do that!!!).
LOVE the links though- especially the collage links!
I can't wait to check out all that...I use picnik all the time with Flickr, but I've never seen a collage option! Thanks :)
thank you for the link to not right click - I just did it.
Post a Comment