Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Creative Inspiration

This has been a summer of inspiration. We've been inspired to spend more time outdoors, get closer to God, eat healthier, to be more thoughtful in parenting our toddler and to be more creative. I've decided to start blogging a bit more about those things.


When someone suggested The Creative Family to me, I instantly knew it was a book that I could connect with. The description is "How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections". Use words like that, and you are speaking to my heart!

"Given the creative nature of children, it is no coincidence that so many of us are led to seek a more creative life in the presence."
~Amanda Blake Soule


I really connected with this. Something about being a mother has truly re-awakened a sense of gratitude, wonder and creativity in me. I have huge lists filled with crafts, projects and outdoor activities that I want us to do.

I find myself following blogs like SouleMama, The Artful Parent and No Time for Flash Cards. I am not a TV fan (other than Top Chef, Next Food Network Star, Grey's Anatomy and 24...OK, maybe I am a fan.), so I spend time reading and following crafty, loving, momma blogs! I am inspired to try new things, to be a better parent, and to be grateful for the beauty of the simple aspects of family life.

As a result, I am going to start posting some of what we are learning and more about the little VERY SIMPLE projects we do. For us, blogging is a way to connect and a way to share. I am inspired by other bloggers, and I'd love to pass any of that along to anyone interested. I am not sure why I love to blog so much, other than it is another creative outlet for us....even if nobody is reading except our parents!

1 comment:

Janie said...

Don't be silly, your sister reads too :-) Can't wait to see what you post..... The last time I tried to be crafty and make the hamster house the hamster died! lol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
[ Try right-clicking the image and then the text link below ]

Text Link

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source